The Dance Dissertation emphasises independent research where you select an area of investigation in performance with the advice of tutors. This may arise from earlier modules studied on the degree. The research may focus on performance practice or on more applied critical, historical or epistemological issues.
This module provides you with the opportunity to:
1. work independently on a substantial practical and/or theoretical research project of your choice;
2. further develop your research skills in an extended in-depth investigation;
3. produce self-reflective innovative research presented in a scholarly and professional manner.
4. situate your research in a broad contemporary performance context;
5. develop practical and theoretical insights and awareness of critical and/or philosophical concepts relevant to their research;